Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Weekend Visit in Manila Zoo

When I was a kid, some of my playmates were talking about the places that they visited. Most of them are proud that they visited Manila Zoo because they saw a lot of animals and they spent time with their family and relatives there. As a matter of fact, this is the first time that I visited the said tourist attraction.

The Manila Zoological and Botanical Gardens is a 5.5 hectare zoo that is located at Quirino Highway, Malate, Manila which was opened on July 25, 1959. The Manila Zoo receives millions of visitors every year especially it is popular with the tourists and visitors who spend their time during weekends.
The entrance to Manila Zoo
Historical marker of Manila Zoo.
This is the first time that I will visit this popular zoo in the Metro. I had seen a lot of birds from different species in different aviaries. It is also the first time that I saw a zebronkey (a hybrid of zebra and donkey), hippopotamus, and deer. Therefore, I was overwhelmed when I had a chance to look at Mali, the Asian elephant which is the popular attraction at the zoo. In addition, there are exciting activities in the zoo such as riding a boat, picture taking with colorful birds and visiting the Kinder Zoo.
Hippopotamus
Philippine Deer
Zebronkey
The Asian Elephant, Mali, the major attraction in the zoo.
The Asian Elephant, Mali came from Sri Lanka.
Eagles
Ostrich 
Macaw
An exotic bird which came out of the aviary.
Philippine Hornbill


Peacock
It was one year ago when I visited this zoo. I hope that the management will take care of the cleanliness and safety of this zoo because animals want to feel that this is not just an animal sanctuary but a habitat to live for the rest of their lives. Therefore, Manila Zoo is a place which is rich in vegetation in an urban area and the tourists can see variety of animals in this place.

Date of Travel: March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

© No copyright infringement intended.